Learn How to Turn Paper Scraps into Art Treasures
Friday, November 19,
2009, 10 AM - 2:30 PM
Workshop: Fun for all
levels of experience, including beginners. All materials supplied.
Instructor: ANN BELL 281-330-3827
Where: Anns Studio
at 2711 Main St. in Midtown Houston
- Small class
6 student maximum.
- $85 class fee includes all supplies
- Learn to use all kinds of interesting or beautiful
scraps to make special cards
- No previous experience required
- If you are already an artist, you'll extend your
Do you have piles of
beautiful papers, lace, postage stamps, photos, ribbons or other treasures that you've
saved because they were too beautiful to toss.
Every time you look at
them, you're frustrated. It seems silly to save them, but still you can't bear to throw
Would you like to learn
how to turn them into wonderful, unique treasures that will have your family & friends
noticing how clever & talented you are?
Enjoy a relaxing,
creative day in my studio while you learn to make beautiful collage cards & even
even if you have never made art.
In this small class you
will learn how to design beautiful pieces of art, using only scraps. All cards &
envelopes, scraps, stamps, papers, glue, brushes and paint will be provided. (Although you
are certainly welcome to bring anything you have that you want to use.)
I will share my
techniques: You will learn, by actually doing:
- to transform photos, or any interesting paper,
including magazines & vintage dictionary pages into personal cards.
- to tear papers, for white inside to show or not,
straight or free-form
- to arrange in the most beautiful, balance, meaningful
- to alter colors, so diverse pieces co-ordinate &
look like they belong
- to include buttons, keys, ribbons, lace & other
dimensional or non-paper items
- which paints work best & why
- which gold & metallic colors look richest
- best sources for all supplies. If you want small
amounts to take home, I will have them available at my cost.
If you've been in my studio, or taken my
Business of Art class, you've seen my cards & collages.
Perhaps you've even purchased some of them. In this class you'll learn how I make
And you'll make your own, using items you choose from my stash of treasures.
demonstration & explanation will get you started.
I've included sample cards at the bottom of this page.
Then you make your own,
with lots of individual attention.
- Choose from my stash of treasures.
- Combine with your personal touch.
- Change colors if you wish.
I make this so simple
that a child could do it.
You will leave with at
least 3 beautiful cards and the knowledge to make many more.
You'll be able to create
special cards for special occasions and small collages for special gifts. If you are an
artist who is already selling your work, these small cards extend the price range of your
inventory AND give you another way to connect with your clients and prospects.
follow-along projects will be first,
so if you cant stay the entire day, you will still learn the process.
I'll also show you how to turn your favorite
cards into frameable larger collages.
- You will receive written instructions & design
formats so you can work later without wondering whether you are forgetting something
- Bring a lunch.
- In the afternoon, you will explore your own ideas with
my guidance, if you choose. Or you may continue to paint papers, create cards or a larger
- Only $85 for the day, with all supplies included.
This class is suitable for all levels of
If you are an art teacher in Texas, you may
be able to receive CPE hours toward renewal of your teaching certificate. Check with your
reserve your space Call Ann Bell at 281-330-3827
You can also use Paypal to register and pay online by clicking this Register
button and checking out through Paypal.